Approximately 17,730 new spinal cord injuries are reported each year in the United States, with car accidents accounting for the majority of these cases, according to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center. As a result, the US market for wheelchairs is significant. The transportation and mobility industries have suffered greatly as a result of the COVID-19 epidemic. The wheelchair supply chain has been seriously hampered.
The cushions designed expressly for wheelchair users to provide comfort and safeguard against danger are known as wheelchair cushions. Additionally, they help to guarantee that the user is standing or sitting correctly. A wheelchair cushion is a tool that helps wheelchair users avoid pressure sores and skin deterioration. Additionally, wheelchair cushions are utilised to enhance the user’s stability, placement, and comfort. There are several different kinds of wheelchair cushions on the market, including air cushions, gel cushions, foam cushions, and others.
A wheelchair cushion is a device that assists wheelchair users in avoiding pressure sores and skin deterioration. Additionally, wheelchair cushions are utilised to enhance the user’s stability, placement, and comfort. Wheelchair cushions come in a variety of forms, including air cushions, gel cushions, foam cushions, and others.
Market growth of wheelchair cushion market
- According to Data Bridge Market Research, the wheelchair cushion market, which is now valued at USD 492.20 million in 2022, is anticipated to grow to USD 852.03 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2023 to 2030. The market reports compiled by Data Bridge Market Research also include in-depth expert analysis, patient epidemiology, pipeline analysis, pricing analysis, and regulatory framework.
- These insights on market scenarios include market value, growth rate, segmentation, geographic coverage, and major players.
- The competitive landscape for the wheelchair cushion market gives information by competitor. The company’s financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in R&D, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, production capacities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width and breadth, and application dominance are among the details that are included.
Wheelchair Cushion Market Drivers
- The worldwide wheelchair cushion market is expanding due to the ageing population, greater wheelchair use in some fields like athletics, and other factors. By 2050, the World Health Organization (WHO) projects that the percentage of people over 60 in the world would nearly double, from 12% to 22%. The need for wheelchairs will gradually rise as the ageing population grows. These specific elements are what drive the market’s expansion.
- Given that geriatric illnesses usually co-occur with obesity and disability, it is projected that people with impairments would need additional mobility aids to carry out their everyday tasks. The need for rehabilitation as well as bariatric wheelchairs, power chairs/motorized chairs, and manual propelled wheelchairs is anticipated to be driven by obesity and lifestyle-related impairments among the elderly.
- In 34 developing nations, or 1% of the population, there were 10,000,000 individuals who needed wheelchairs, whereas in developed countries, there were 121,800,000 persons who required wheelchairs, or 2% of the population. Additionally, 131,800,000 individuals globally, or 1.85% of the world’s population, used wheelchairs. These are the elements that propel market expansion.
For more information about wheelchair cushion market visit
Let’s examine important factors in wheelchair cushion market
- The development of the wheelchair cushion market would be hampered by the absence of suitable healthcare solutions in a number of established and emerging nations.
- Additionally, the high cost of the products may hinder the market expansion for wheelchair cushions by discouraging consumers from investing in such expensive equipment, particularly in developing nations.
- This wheelchair cushion market details recent developments, trade laws, import-export analysis, production analysis, value chain optimization, market share, and the effects of domestic and regional market participants. It also analyses opportunities for new revenue streams, regulatory changes, strategic market growth, market size, category market expansions, application niches and dominance, product approvals, product launches, and geographic trends.
Wheelchair Cushion Market Regional Analysis/Insights
The wheelchair cushion market report includes the U.S., Canada, and Mexico as part of North America, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, and Turkey as part of Europe, China, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines as part of Asia-Pacific (APAC), Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Egypt, and Israel as part of the Middle East and Africa (MEA).
The wheelchair cushions market is dominated by North America due to the region’s growing elderly population and widespread usage of high-tech wheelchairs.
In the projection period of 2023 to 2030, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to develop at the greatest growth rate because of the region’s rising handicapped population and rising disposable income.
About data bridge market research
Due to the industry’s continual growth, the market is changing quickly. Technology development has given today’s firms a variety of benefits that are causing everyday economic changes. Therefore, in order to effectively plan its strategies, a corporation must understand the trends in market movement. Data bridge market research gives businesses a head start on planning and a competitive advantage. For reliable market research that can give you the lead your company needs, turn to Data Bridge Market Research.