Website development through core programming languages and platform is a tedious job and more time-consuming. WordPress has been solving those problems as the most popular website builder these days. An alternative to WordPress, there are many website builder platforms that you can use for building fascinating websites with modern designs useful for personal blogging, portfolio development or corporate representation. Here is a list of 7 best options alternate to WordPress.
Blogger is a free blog service site developed by google and is one of famous alternatives to WordPress. It has wide range of easy-to-use templates with adorable layouts and lots of design. Unlike WordPress, it doesn’t have portability and unlimited control over tools but definitely is a good substitute to use due to the following attributes.
- Free blogspot.com domain
- Flexible layouts and design
- Built-in social capabilities
- Google robust security platform enforced
- Facility to store moments and memories
Renowned as the best open source CMS software, Joomla is definitely a competitor to WordPress. Joomla is used by millions of users, corporate firms, government, and non-government organizations for building websites and powerful applications with the in-built content management system. Similar to WordPress, it consists of a large number of templates and extensions and is considered a multi-purpose CMS platform with similar scope and usability features. It is secure and stable with high customizations over development and management and is fully extensible. Below are the major features and benefits that corporate with Joomla.
- Unlimited design and templates
- Extensive documentation
- Security conscious development
- Highly flexible and extensible
- Multi-User permission level
- Community support systems
- Mobile friendly
- Web host platform friendly
- SEO friendly
- Easy content editing and publishing
Drupal is a leading open-source CMS facilitating the users and developers for the development and management of web application. It is aimed at developers, marketers, and agencies. Alternate to WordPress, Drupal can be used for developing API-first architecture, Unparalleled extensibility and robust configuration based applications in web. It is also applicable for digital marketing and content optimization in addition to being the largest open source community for customizable and scalable applications flexible to the client requirements. Below states the reasons for Drupal being an alternative to WordPress.
- Global experience with multilingual functionality
- Flexible media and publishing
- Better user experience and a developer community
- Availability of modules and themes similar to plugins and themes in WordPress
- A dynamic web hosting platform
- High end security with leading global data security team
WordPress is just more than blogging and has wide applications but there are users who are focused only on blogging and seem to think WordPress doesn’t give the best blogging experience and for those users, Ghost is the best choice. Ghost is one of the most adaptable platforms for the development of the modern online publication. It is a node js based blogging software useful for clean writing and browsing. It has been powering a large number of blogs, journalist and magazines in reporting and content creation. Its unique features labels as follows.
- The rich and extensible editor specially designed for content development.
- Dynamic and graphical contents creating tools and technologies.
- Blogging roles and team allocation.
- Editorial scheduling and facility to setup clockwork for content publishing.
- The richness in meta tags and data structure.
- Search engine optimization.
- Customizable and flexible content creation and management.
Weebly is a modern website builder with drag-drop page builder and highly customizable hosted platform. It constitutes large number of templates and design integrated within used for easy website design and development and full hosting feature. It is famous for developing websites, blogs, and e-commerce stores. Weebly is primarily utilized for growing business and enhancing entrepreneurship. Some of the peculiarities defining Weebly from WordPress can be as follows.
- Self-hosted platform
- Built-in features that doesn’t require extension installation
- Effective and time-efficient tools
- Easy to use and beginner friendly
- Ecommerce friendly
- Applicable for small websites due to complex data portability.
Squarespace is alternative to WordPress as a proprietary website builder that offers highly customizable ready-to-use templates and design with full hosted solution. It doesn’t require any additional plugins or modules to be installed to develop websites with Squarespace. Squarespace aims to assist people for online presence and it’s following aspects define how it’s a substitute to WordPress.
- Ease of use
- Simplicity in addition to media content with multiple choices of layout and content blocks.
- Visual editor to customize templates and web pages.
- Business-centered and growth assistance
- Search Engine optimized
Wix is a leading website builder platform today constituting the drag-drop page builder with pre-designed templates and designs. It is a completely hosted builder offering limited free hosting for small business and personal sites. The paid plans and schemes include e-commerce development platforms and templates. The specifications of Wix that differ from WordPress can be listed out as follows.
- The flexibility in the platform for both beginners and professionals.
- Limitless design and templates
- Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) to build instant websites with Q/A
- SEO friendly
- Mobile friendly
- Custom domains and media gallery
Bhawesh Chaudhary has been the lead blog writer at technology journal since 2017. His passion for helping people in all aspects of online marketing flows through in the expert industry coverage he provides.